Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Vegemite

It's the worst, don't try it. I've been around Darwin most of the days so far but have ventured pretty far into the outback. I have yet to see any crocs, snakes (except on the road), koalas, or cane toads. I am sure there are plenty and I haven't been paying attention. There were lots of wallabies and kangaroos the other day around the mine site and we saw a bush turkey which was pretty huge and looked like a emu. I'm hoping to not encounter any of the most dangerous snakes, especially while I'm working alone very far away from any type of civilization. I may soon be living out of a tent in the bush by my choice right at the site where I'm working so I can focus on this really amazing project. I have to carry my own anti-venoms so that I can administer them myself. Andy comes soon and we're heading to Kakadu, should be awesome and hopefully we will get some behind the scenes courtesy of my new friend the expert Kakadu park ranger (similar to Randolph MacKenzie, for those of you who know him).

1 comment:

  1. I've had vegemite before!!!! This girl in our Diversity class from Australia brought it in. Said it's compareable to how we like peanut butter here.
    Definitely was not close to how good PB was. AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete