Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our House in Kakadu


Since I haven't done much lately except work I don't have many exciting photos. I'm off to Cairns to dive July 17-24 which should be great. Here is a shot of the station wagon me and Andy rented when we went to Kakadu a few weeks ago. It was the worst sleep of my life since it was probably close to 40 C and you couldn't crack any windows because loads of mosquitoes would come in. I ended up with swollen ankles and my lip for a few days because of sand fly bites while I was sleeping. If you ask Andy it was probably the angriest (and sweatiest) I've ever been. It ended up being an amazing day inside the park which made up for the lack of sleep. Hopefully some better updates soon. I was trying to get a photo of two Jabirus (large black and white stork like birds) but they kept spotting me and flying away. Might have an opportunity to work with a dolphin researcher on my time off and start doing some underwater videography and photography. A dolphin called the snub fin dolphin was found in this area only a few years ago so I might help out with that.

1 comment:

  1. Man! That's a sick mobile office / sleep factory... excusing the 40 degree heat, of course.

    Stay stylin', you man of men.

    ReplyDelete